Sales Engineer / Account Manager
Our client is a well established manufacturing company based in Salisbury. We are currently assisting them with the recruitment of an experienced Sales Engineer/Account Manager to join their external sales team. The purpose of the role is to retain, grow and improve profitability within existing customer accounts whilst also introducing new, profitable business streams.
- Maintain regular contact with existing customers through planned visit programmes
- Provide accurate feedback to the business through customer visit reports to include all aspects of customer service.
- Maintain and ensure retention of current business levels and ensure the company is given the opportunity to tender for new and replacement business opportunities
- Meet annual sales targets for existing customers
- Identify new business opportunities that meet the strategic requirements of the business
- Ensure accurate information is provided for new business opportunities
- Management of customer profitability, including the review of current business and ensure the companies minimum requirements for contribution are exceeded and maintained.
- Monitor customer satisfaction on a regular basis with surveys to be conducted and fed back to the Sales Director
- Ensure the company is represented in a professional and positive manner at all ties whilst maintaining confidentiality of company and customer sensitive information.
- Obtain feedback from quotations not taken up by customers and any lost business is accurately communicated back to the Engineering Quality Team.
Skill and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a strong and demonstrable sales track record, ideally within an engineering or manufacturing background. You will also need to have a full, clean driving licence as there will be some regular travel involved in the role.