With the weather hotting up across England we decided to take a look at the best ways to keep cool in the office this summer.
While you may be dreaming of laying on a beach sipping cocktails, for most of us, Monday signals the start to a new working week. Follow our hints and tips to keep cool this summer and avoid getting hot under the collar with your colleagues.
- Stay Hydrated – We can’t stress this enough, the body is around 70% water. New guidelines recommend drinking 2 -3 litres of water a day. Why not switch that coffee for an iced tea or Frappuccino from your local barista.
Water coolers are a great addition to any office and make the perfect meeting point to catch up on the latest gossip.
- Dress Appropriately – Our personal favourite, summer signals the start to a new wardrobe and why not use this as an excuse to treat yourself. Light coloured, loose clothing is key, focus on fabrics such as 100% cotton and for the guys why not consider a linen suit.
- Hold meetings alfresco – While the sun is shining why not take the opportunity to get some fresh air and move your meeting outside. Fire up the laptop and get the creative juices flowing in a new environment.
- Desk fan – If the office air con isn’t cutting it for you take matters into your own hands and get a desk fan for instant cool gratification
- Ice cream – Last but certainly not least if all else fails support a local business and treat your colleagues to an ice cream to ensure you’re the flavour of the week.
And finally for your colleagues that can’t handle the air conditioning…bring a blanket!